Divorce with kids

I've been divorced from my ex for 7 years and we have 2 kids. My husband has been divorced from his ex for 6 years and they have 1 kid. Recently somethings become clear as our children get older, that never crossed my mind before. Who gets the honor of choosing which car your teen drives? For example, my husband has a dream to pass his truck down to his son when his son reaches age 16. It's a conversation both of us have had with each other numerous times, and have even mentioned it to his son(age 10). However, recently at a sporting event for his son, my husbands ex brought up the subject of driving & cars. She proudly stated that she would look forward to the day she handed her currently brand new SUV over to her son, never even occurring to her to confer with her ex husband about this. It made me stop and reflect on the decisions we must all give up to the other parent for something we once dreamed of handing over ourselves

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Omg,. I had never thought about that aspect of divorce. . But that is absolutely true.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 11:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Depends on your situation - who's planning on ponying up the few thousand for insurance? Honestly, I wouldn't think of conferring with my ex, he barely wants to pay child support!
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 11:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010