Feeling weird...

So I've had 3 miscarriages in the last year. 2 being ectopic on my right side...had very painful hsg dye test...determined that my right side was 96% blocked...left side looks fine...so i had surgery to remove the right tube....I'm worried that now that I only have one tube that my chances of concieving are slipt in half...I still have my right ovary, which means I'll still ovulate from that side but the egg will have no where to go. Is it possible that my left tube could pic up the egg from my right ovary? Or am I screwed?

longing2beamoth

Asked by longing2beamoth at 2:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I know lots of people that have had children that only have 1 tube or 1 ovary.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 2:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• no, the left tube can't get the egg from the right ovary, the right ovary needs the tube to get the egg to the uterus. but you can still conceive from just the left side. What you need to do is figure out when your left ovary is releasing the egg (generally they alternate sides each month)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Just continue having sex when you know you ovulate. I have cramps when I ovulate so I know which side it is coming from. If you don't have the cramps just yet every month, no reason not to have extra fun.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2008