Anyone else here terrified of giving birth thats already had kids?

joleigh81

Asked by joleigh81 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ha I just asked this question last night becuase I'm terrified. This is my second baby and I'm trying for a vbac this time so I'm wondering if that's why I'm so stressed about it.
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 8:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i was and you know i already had 3 i was a wreck i think alot of it had to do w/ anxiety talk to the dr he may be able to help
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yep! I had a c-section, and I'm scared to have a vaginal birth next time, if I'm able to. I'd like to give it a try, but it scares me, lol. I'd almost just rather have another c-section.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I was petrified, but I did it. Now its over and I can look at my little girl and think how strong I was to have her.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 8:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I was a litle scared b/c I was induced with both of my girls when I actually went into labor it wan't bad till I got to the hospitalband they told me it was too late for an epidural then I was terrified lol turns out it could have been worse no where near as bad as I though at that moment lol
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I am, but for different reasons. I just had my 3rd 2 weeks ago. The part of having the baby isnt a worry for me, its after. With my 1st my placenta retained and after 45 mins of painful poking and prodding my doctor finally put his whole hand in there and yanked it out, my 2nd was perfectly fine, and then with my 3rd it retained again. This time though it was stuck in me for 3hrs before they finally took me to the OR and took it out, and I was all alone seems how Df works out of state. Needless to say I have an appointment to get my tubes tied tuesday :)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• This is my 3rd also and i tooam getting tubes tied afterwards.
    joleigh81

Comment by joleigh81 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I felt that way until I had my 3rd child. With her I did hypnobabies, it was awesome and it really did work. I was relaxed and calm. Felt like pressure not pain. I couldn't afford to take the class so I did the home course, at the time it cost 250. Worth every penny. Google "Hypnobabies".

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 8:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• What is it that scares you?
    Have you had bad experiences, heard stories, are you having complications?
    Depending on your perspective birth can be terrifying ~or~ peaceful, calm, gentle...

I was scared for my first birth. I was so angry at myself for wasting an amazing experience with such a negative feeling that it ruined a lot of the experience.
    So I had a do-over, another pregnancy.
    I worked to overcome my emotional hurdles, got better educated, supported, confident.
    It worked VERY well!!
    I had an ecstatic natural birth, I highly recommend this!!!

:-D

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No it has made things easier for me.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010