How long does it really take?

To become a real estate agent.

MrsWeathers

Asked by MrsWeathers at 8:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• Depends on how well the market is. I don't think they're hiring a lot of people right now.
    nicole_Evans

Answer by nicole_Evans at 8:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You have to get a license. It can be done in a couple of weeks. There is usually a week long class also at the agency.
    Real estate agents are usually independent. Agencies will often take you on and hold your license because you bring with you a new set of friends and potential houses, sellers and buyers. Real estate agents do not usually get paid until they produce.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I know several that are hiring I just didn't know how long training is, I don't want to train through Christmas if that makes sense. :)
    MrsWeathers

Comment by MrsWeathers (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Depends on where you live. Here it is a 3 month course you have to take and the test is really hard. So should you not pass the first one don't give up, try it again. From what I hear people have taken that test as many as 4-5 times before they pass. Good luck hon. It's a good profession.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• As the previous poster said, it really depends on your state. In my state (Georgia), it is a 75 hour course that can be done online and you have to have it completed in 6 months. So, really it could be anywhere from 2 weeks-6 months, depending on your state and you.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It depend son your state and the regulations.
    That's a really bad career move right now. It is NOT a seller's market out there and Real Estate is at an all time slow crawl.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I am not out to make lots of money, (yes I am weird I know haha) I really enjoy helping my friends find house they love, I truly enjoying the searching a match make in a sense, So I thought It might be a great thing for me to do. My husband makes more than enough to support us, I just would like some extra cash to do extras with but it is not necessary I really just would love the joy of helping others!
    MrsWeathers

Comment by MrsWeathers (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010