is it bad to have sex sooner then 6 weeks after delivery?

I had our baby 2 weeks ago and we had sex for the first time my body feels fine and i have little stiches. is that bad to have sex before 6 weeks? bc i feel fine and its my first child? any answers?

milliehaller

Asked by milliehaller at 8:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it is bad, that's why they tell you not to do it. Please wait, if you do you are opening yourself up for unnecessary infections. Just because you feel fine does not mean you are fine internally. Your baby needs a healthy mom - is another 4 weeks that hard?
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It is definitely inadvisable. You can still get an infection because your cervix is still open. It is also not unheard of for a woman to get pregnant soon after giving birth. I didn't wait, but it hurt me really bad, but no long term consequences. I wouldn't risk it again though.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• 2 weeks is kinda early., especially for having stitches. with my 1st I had stitches and they told me 6 weeks, my 2nd and 3rd they said no sooner than 3 weeks, and I didnt have stitches.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You are absolutely INSANE for wanting to have sex this early, especially if you have stitches! Just because your body feels fine, does not mean you are fine! I highly suggest waiting. Sex is not worth your health.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 8:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• YES!! You have a HUGE risk of infection as your cervix is not fully closed. Also, I am hoping you used a condom, as your hormones are so out of whack it is possible to get pregnant right away as you have no really way of timing ovulation at this point.

I am glad that you feel fine, but honestly, this was a bad idea. If hubby really couldn't wait, then you could have given him oral.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 8:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It can be bad, yes. It depends on your delivery, how bad you tore, etc. It can cause you to hemorage as well. You really should follow the advice your doctor gives you. They tell you that for a reason.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I agree with what all are saying, it's a high risk, and not worth it.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Please pay attention to your Dr................. You need to be healthy for your new child.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• my delivery was fast and i tore very little and have little stiches
    milliehaller

Comment by milliehaller (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Way bad!! Your opening yourself to loads of infections...they tell you to wait for a reason... and you could also damage your stiches
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2010