how long would u wait ????

ok so ive been seeing this guy for going on 2 years now, and we have been living together for awhile. we both know what we want in life and out of life , we have the same family values and things of that nature, and we have talked about marriage , but i think we have "talked " it to death.............. he has ssaid a number of times he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and have a family.................. he has this 5 year plan.....he is 25 and im 21 and he wants to get married in about 5 years no sooner and wants to wait to have kids after the fact but i dont want my son to be 7 before i have more kids...............any way how long would you wait for some one to make up thier minds ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• WELL I HAD TO WAIT 10 YEARS TO GET MARRIED TO MY NOW HUSBAND SO I THINK 5 IS NOT THAT LONG AND AS FAR AS YOUR SON BEING THEN 7 NO BIG DEAL IN AGE MY DAUGHTER IS 9 AND WE ARE TRYING FOR ANOTHER BABY ! WELL BY THEN YOU CAN SAVE AND HAVE A NICE WEDDING ! DON'T PUSH HIM IT MIGHT SCARE HIM OFF !! GOOD LUCK !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• im not pushing yeah we have talked about it but after that i left it alone and i wont bring it up again i will wait for him to do that. i guess i just feel like a failure cause all the women in my family and my cousins now are all married and have several kids and a few of them are younger then me and i feel like im missing out, i mean i always knew i wanted a family and all and none of them ever wanted that and they got it and yet i didnt............i guess it just bugs me. but in the end my bf is so worth the wait, we have gone through alot to make it this far and im not givng up any time soon .............i love him soo much
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Hold out! He sounds like a keeper. I think he is just formulizing his plan. 2 years seems like a very long time to us, but NOT to a guy. They are on an entirely different time line that we are. Trust me. Don't start any ultimatums just yet. I think you will get there.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 3:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• IT'S ME AGAIN !! GIRL IF I WAITED 10 YRS LOL THEN YOU CAN WAIT ! IT WILL GO BY FAST IF YOU RUSH THEN YOU WILL LOOSE A GOOD GUY !!! JUST THINK YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PLAN YOUR WEDDING TAKE IT SLOW WEDDING PLANNING TAKES A LONG TIME TO GET IT RIGHT !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• If you are good enough to live with now, then why aren't you good enough to marry now? I think this is a fair question to ask him. You don't have to make babies right away, but after two years, he is asking for a lot when he is asking you to put your life on hold and wait for him for 5 years. I would be a little wary.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 4:11 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• It sounds like he wants to give you a stable and comfortable family life. Keep him. My husband and I did not get married till he had a better job.
    susan220

Answer by susan220 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• If your willing to wait,,,,,then wait tell his plan kicks in... Your still young 21 ,,,if you were 30 I would tell you something different...

Answer by louise2 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• you cant force him to get married before he's ready. because if you do, he'll resent you for it and itll only end in divorce. whether or not you stick around and wait for him to be ready is a different question. you need to do whats right for you, and if your not okay with waiting, then maybe you need to find someone else whose ready now.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2008