how does the yeast diaper rash look????

my baby has a diaper rash...but not sure if is a yeast...plus she has thrush

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• with the thrush, it would not surprise me at all if she had a yeast diaper rash.

http://www.askdrsears.com/images/diaperrashyeast.jpg
    there's an image
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• im having the same prob with my son. he was on antiobotic for an ear infection and then he started having red in that area, and it kept getting worse, i just called the dr and they told me it sounded like a yeast infection, so they called a rx in for me and if dosnt seem likes its working.
    one way to find out is call the dr and see what they say or buy some over the counter vagisil or monistat and see if that helps,
    good luck
    mom1g1b

Answer by mom1g1b at 3:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I would take your baby to the pediatrician, or to urgent care since this is the weekend. Yeast infections can be very uncomfortable and itchy to the baby. Desitin and other regular rash creams won't fix this rash. You need a topical cream like lotrimin that is prescribed for the labia area. I agree that if your baby has thrush, she probably has a yeast rash.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 3:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• if the rash looks like the one in the image above, go get either jock itch cream or athlete's foot cream (same meds, different names for some reason LOL)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• MY BABY HAD THAT AND THRUSH YOUR DOCTOR WILL HAVE TO GIVE YOU A RX OF A RASH OINTMENT THAT IS FOR IT IT WILL GO AWAY SOON ENOUGH WITH IT BUT YOU SHOULD ALSO LET HER BE DIAPER FREE TO AIR OUT FOR A FEW TIMES EACH DAY DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAM IT WILL NOT GO AWAY ONLY USE IT TELL YOU GET TO THE DOCTOR !! TRY AND GIVE HER BATHS WITH NO SOAP IT WILL HURT HER MORE IT WILL STING GO BUY AVENO IT'S ALL NATURAL YOU CAN USE THAT !!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• yeast diaper rash looks kinda like polka dots. Thats the best way to describe it. Baby should see a doc very soon though. Left untreated it gets very nasty and your baby will scream out of discomfort all the time. Its really heartbreaking. Use a warm wash cloth (or very soft paper towel) for diaper changes instead of wet wipes. The chemicals in the wipes i think tend to burn when they have a diaper rash. My little one screamed bloody murder when i used wet wipes not so much when it was a wash cloth
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My daughter had this at five months. It got so bad it started bleeding. =[ Poor baby. It looks more like red spots instead of a predominately red rash-looking area. The area it is spread over may be large, but in some areas it may look like it has red SPOTS. Which is the key thing to look for in this situation.

Malox antacid is good for this. My pediatritian recomended it. Because it is an antacid it will help it not hurt as much due to the acidity of urine. Leaving your baby out w/ no bottoms on is good to dry the area out. DO NOT use baby powder right now, while they have the rash. I preferr Bourdeaus Butt Paste as a diaper cream which when you need to put the diaper on you should use every time you change them.

Hope I helped. =]
    mekenzies_mama

Answer by mekenzies_mama at 8:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2008