Need ideas on grocery store. Pay day is sept 30th and we still have no food

ok a little background. for some reason we are always out of food in less then a week. There are 2 adults and 3 kids in the house. Minus 1 baby because hes nursing. we eat ALOT no we are not over weight. i like eating 5-6 times a day, that includes 5-6 times each other person 2 kids who are 4 and 6 and my husband. i need something that isnt all junk food but will last till payday.. We dont like a lot of carb foods but we will buy pasta. i need ideas and yummy food oh and we dont have too much. i dont want to spend more then 50

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Get stuff to make soups, that goes along way. Potato soup, chili, veggie soup,......
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I'm assuming you're paid every two weeks? If that is the case, and you go shopping every two weeks, you'll need to up your budget for groceries. There is no place in the country where you can get all the groceries you need for a family of 4, to last two weeks for $50. Unless you eat ramen noodles and tuna fish. Good things to do are to make large quantities of stuff like soups, and sauces, all at once, and freeze the extras in dinner sized packages. Generally, if you buy in bulk, and make large amounts of stuff at once, you save money. Buying individual packages of stuff will cost you more. And you wont' have to go shopping as often. My mother fed a family of 7 on about $300/month (about two shopping carts full). We never had junk food tho. Ice cream was a rare treat. My grandmother lived with us and would go to the store once a week and buy bread, milk, and eggs. The bulk food store my mother shopped at was Sam's Club.GL~
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2010