ttc and miscarriage...

ok complicated but i need advice/help. my period started the 25-27 every month...i got prego and had a miscarriage at 4 weeks pregnant july 19th....ok no period august but im not prego...had my period started the 12 of september and lasted til the 15. when should i try again? i want to now? but i have no clue how to know when i ovulate.please help? and if any tips on having a boy ill take those as well lol

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 9:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Doctors usually recommend you give your body a year to recover from a miscarriage. They sell things in pharmacies that track your cycle and tell you when your most fertile. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about it.

nicole_Evans

Answer by nicole_Evans at 9:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you have an early miscarriage you only need to wait 3 cycles..and that's just so your accurate on your dates (in case you get pregnant you need to know what day your last period started). I 've had two early miscarriages & this is what my doctor told me.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 9:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• doc says were good to go =)
    youngandafraid

Comment by youngandafraid (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You should probably wait until you have 2 full normal cycles. Then you can start tracking your ovulation and preparing your body. Good luck!
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you search for "ovulation calculator" you can find things on line that give you an idea of when you will ovulate. Also using ovulation predictor kits really help.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 9:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My dr advised me to wait for one normal cycle.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i miscarried dec,21,09 at 13 weeks!!got my period dec 25,and then jan,20 well i kept telling everyone i was preg and everyone kept telling me i wasnt and what not well feb,20 i took 4 preg test and they all came out + and im now 35 weeks preg!!we werent trying thats just how it happend!lol.and for the boy thing i have no clue we wanted a boy and got another girl!!good luck
    twitch

Answer by twitch at 10:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you want good information on figuring out your ovulation cycle visit webwomb.com. its a brilliant site. Also there are a few things I'd like to say. I'm very sorry for your loss. I too have been through a miscarriage and I know its painful. Personally I think you should wait one more cycle so you have a better idea of what is going on. That first period after your m/c is not considered a normal cycle despite what many women think. Otherwise best of luck.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 12:31 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Usually with a m/c in the first trimester you can start trying right away. If you have a m/c or stillbirth after the 1st trimester you should wait at least 3 months. I waited the 3 months and am still waiting for that + test result ugh. Good luck!
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010