Is this ok to do?

Sorry for all the questions.
When I workout I will take a mini break, because my ankle can't tolerate going 2 hours straight non stop cardio and being on my feet. After about 45 mins- 1 hr I will rest my ankle. Doing that really helps, my ankle won't give out on me. Plus, I can't push it too hard or I will put way too much strain on it and I will have to have it fused sooner rather than later. I have severe arthritis and 2 of the bones are rubbing together, those bones need fused together and then I lose all movement in my ankle. So, I am trying not to push it too hard. Is it ok to take a mini break or is it a bad idea? Oh, the break is about 5 mins.
On that note, I have burned over 600 calories today, yay!!

PoisonousBlonde

Asked by PoisonousBlonde at 9:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• WOW! Congrats on the burn of 600 calories! I need to work on my calorie burn! LOL Yes, take a break for your ankle!
    Skavswife

Answer by Skavswife at 9:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• breaks are really good always listen to your body- it knows what you need!!! congrats on working out so much
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 9:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Extreme work out...I think it better to rest if it feels best...are you worried about cooling down too much?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• breaks are good. I workout 3 times a day for 30-45 minutes each. morning when i wake up, nap time for the resistance training and a little more cardio before bed
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• breaks are a good thing.. you don't want to wear your body out.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 10:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Thanks everyone! I just wanted to make sure breaks are ok. I worry about getting my heart rate up so much and then cooling down. I am proud of myself for getting well over 600 calories burned, it was intense lmao.

PoisonousBlonde

Comment by PoisonousBlonde (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yes exercise should work for you.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would also look into water activities. THis is will burn calories just as well, while giving her ankle support, allowing you to go longer and reduce the risk to your ankle.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:52 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• congrads
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:47 AM on Sep. 30, 2010