What are some things you do with your kids during Christmas?

I'm looking to try something different this yr.

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 9:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• We bake treats for friends and neighbors, we make our own christmas tree oraments, we go to a 19th Century Christmas reenactment, we always make an advents calendar with special things to do each day, and we go cut down our own tree at a local tree farm.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• we bake cookies, make ornaments, make gingerbread houses, walk around to see the lights, this year we are going to go ice skating. She helps decorate the tree, snuggle to watch Christmas movies, do the Advent calendar
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My son is only three, but we go sledding, ice skating and usually bake cookies and watch movies together the rest of the day cuddled up.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 11:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Bake cookies, go to church on Christmas Eve, wrap presents for others, decorate the tree.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• we bake cookies, make holiday crafts and we always see a xmas show at a local dinner theatre. This yr will be our 3rd year!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We haven't really started any traditions with our daughter yet since she's only two. We finally just moved into our own house and we are definitely going to involve her in the decorating the inside and outside of the house and of course, the tree! Would love to make it a tradition where she's the one who puts the tree topper on! I'd also love to make a tradition of watching Christmas movies, reading Christmas books, making Christmas cookies and doing all things Christmas throught the week of Christmas. My parents never did anything like this with me.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2010