How long have you being married? have you considered renewing your weadding vows

our 17 yr anniversary is coming up next month and we've being talking about what to do. we also want to start planning to renew our vows. I think we should wait for our 20 yrs anniversary. what do you think?

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 3:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• My DH and I have been married for 18 (almost 19) yrs! I We considered renewing our vows for our 10th anniversery but I was 4months pregnant with the twins at the time and HUGE! so we decided not to. Then we planned on renewing our vows for our 15th anniversery, Well we had 2 sick kids so we couldnt do it Plus I was 7months pregnant w/ my now 3yr old. IWe wanted it to be a big number like 10 or 15 so since we werent able to do either we are hoping to renew our vows for our 20th anniversery.
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I've only been married for almost 3 years, but since we got married in the courthouse, I want a real ceremony within the next 2 years, maybe for our 5th.

renew them when ever you want! :) 20th is just a nice round number
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Hee hee I've been married almost 2years. we got married in a little ceremony and are planning to have a great big wedding on our 5th anniversary. I say do it whenever you want!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I have being planning it ofr my 20th in my head for the longest. that's nice for your 5th. what type of ceremony you want. I want something nice but I don't want to overdue. I have no idea where to start.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 3:59 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I HAVE BEEN WITH MY HUSBAND 14 YRS ! I THINK 20 YRS IS THE PERFECT TIME !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• yeah I'm kind of hung up on 20. I can picture us dancing our song..
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 4:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• We have only been married for 3 years but we are planning a renewing of the vows since our wedding was a Jerry Springer wedding from hell as everyone who went as dubbed it because my mother screwed it up. We are planning to do it for our 20th or 25th anniversary. I would wait personally but I am picky about making sure everything happens on nice numbers.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am just giving food for thought: If you are considering it this year, do it. We have no guarantee that we will have a next anniversary. My husband planned our 15th anniversary renewal. We had a mini ceremony in a little chapel in Gaitlinsburg, Tenn. We had our daughters as attendants and my matron of honor and her children in attendance. We had lunch out afterward. It was romantic and memorable and it was neat because we did a unity candle. I refused to do it the first time around.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I wanted to re-new our vows for our 20th, which was this past July, but my father passed away earlier this year and I just didn't want to do it now. 

So we are going to plan something for our 25th.  My husband is already planning and saving for that.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Do it when you both want to. Three years will give you more time to do it. We plan on renewing our vows at our 10th year. We have been married 6 yrs this up coming Nov. 1.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2008