y do people feel that u have 2 ask them what they want to drink?

why when pple order food thru the drive thru and they want a drink they dont specify. I mean on the menu board it tells if pepsi or cola products are served but still a person will say give me a drink with that and will get mad at the server if the server doesnt ask what the want to drink. I mean they are not mind readers and that is y when i order i specify my drink b4 i am asked.

sorry yall I just needed to really vent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I understand, but I think it's because if you go up to the counter most of the time, we have (in the last 10-15 years) been trained NOT to say what drink we want any more, since it's usually self-serve. You get "all the drinks are over there" or whatever, till you are trained to say "#4 and a large drink". And then, in the drive-thru lane, we will place the same order we'd do at the counter, and forget that you will have to fill the drink. Most of us are not good food-orderers (but you know that already), or very aware of what we're doing (not me, I always say "unsweet tea")

As for the $1 drink- I did that the other day, Bojangles out here had a $1 32 ounce drink. I didn't have a clue what size that was so I ordered a small and it was $1.50 or so. After that, I just said "whatever size is $1" till I learned it was medium. Sound is often bad, I do what gets me the right stuff.

Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• yea, it also irritates me when they say i want a "dollar size drink" im like "you want a large? because they are all a dollar" and i ask "do you want a coke?" if they just say they want a drink....
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• wierd...I definitely want them to know what to put IN the cup!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You mean people order just, " a large drink", lol? I always specify what I want IN the cup, not just the size. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I always specify and Tracys27 at least u tell what u want in the cup sometimes you can be asking a customer a yes or no question and it seems like they have to go into deep thought about it matter of fact you could be asking them do they want something that is free.
    kina803

Answer by kina803 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2010