Ok, so I am trying to leave my husband, there are no jobs back where my parents live, and came up with an idea, what do you think of this?

Ok so plan is, is to talk to his 1st sgt who already knows what is kinda going on with my husband and i as ive talked about it before with the 1st sgt....well i was thinking of going to the 1st sgt and asking if they could help me get a job at the batalion...Ive never had a job (honest to god I havent, and am very pissed about it too!) and will be a single mom of 2, i would almost need someone like this to help me get a job in order for me to leave my husband, otherwise id be upside down finacially forever.

and the reason i can get a job at batalion is b/c yes he is military but recruiting right now and they do hire civilians to work at the batalion and company hq.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds good!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Thank you!!! I know its super lame to be begging for a job, but i am in my mid 20's and would seriously need some kind of advantage to get a decent job to support my children and i...sorry but i dont want to be stuck working dead end jobs kwim?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Sounds like a good plan.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It's worth a try. Best of luck! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It sounds good, however, I would not discuss the reason why you are looking for a job with the 1st Sgt. Also, apply for any job on post. I use to work on post and started out at $8.25 and after working there for a year, I was making $12 an hour. This was about 6 years ago and I have heard that the starting pay for that job was about $10-11 an hour now.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I cant apply for a job on post because we dont live on a base b/c of his current recruiting orders, we live in the middle of a big city and there is no base near us at all...and why shouldn't i bring up to the 1st sgt why im asking for a job, the point is to tell him why im looking for a job so he can pull some strings for me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Because for one it is unprofessional (remember technically he is still your husband's boss) and two when you do get a divorce it can come back to bite you in the butt because I have personally seen this before. You can tell him that you really need a job and need his help. You don't have to go into details, just tell him the very basics that you need a job and have never had a job before, and you need his help.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think that is the WRONG thing to do personally! I think you need to stay away from your husband's military career and his unit. Never should you involve the chain of command in your issues like this. I think it would be very wrong of you to do in my opinion. Find a job somewhere else..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I agree with xxlilmomma09
    I think being around hm will just cause more drama.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I agree don't tell him all your personal business
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2010