How to keep my 4 year old in bed?

My 4 yr. is always wanting to sleep in my bed and then getting up in the middle of the night to play. It has been going on for a couple of weeks and I have no idea why. She was sleeping through the night and now is up and down all night. Could it be she does not need naps any more? Or something else. Open to any adive.

sharonnacy

Asked by sharonnacy at 10:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I honestly would stop the naps for a day or two and see if you see any change in her. my 2 year old and 3 year old dont take naps at all anymore or they are constantly up playing. I also had to put a babygate up at their door so they couldnt walk out of their room to get them out of the habit of wanting to get in bed with me.
    Ace.Wifey

Answer by Ace.Wifey at 10:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I'd put money on not needing naps at that age! My kids both gave up naps at 2.5

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Naps is one answer, the other may be trying to get her up earlier in the morning to change her internal clock. That worked for my kids.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 11:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010