Keeping it a secret...

Two of my SILs are pregnant as am I. I don't want to tell people the names DH and I have chosen so that they won't steal the names we like. (I am the last due) Is that wrong of me to want to protect the names we have chosen and have been holding on to for 3 years?

reniam

Asked by reniam at 10:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Baby Names

• Not at all. just tell people that you havn't decided yet and that you want to wait until the baby is born to see if the name is a "fit"
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No not at all.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• no my sister did the same thing but she didn't want someone saying the name she chose was ugly or something. i just keep it to myself.
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• nope!! congrats <3
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Absolutely not . . . . my daughters SIL did just that. she was due two months before my daughter and liked the name so much that she give it to her son! my daughter was very upset and vowed she would never tell a sole the name of her next baby, and she sure did. None of us knew until the baby was born!
    MsIrene05

Answer by MsIrene05 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• keep it a secret! I have a friend that is doing this right now, and even though it's driving me crazy to know the name it makes it that much more exciting too :)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I see no problem in it. I was due at the same time as my husbands friends wife and we told them the name we wanted and she took it from us. We still used the name (against what my husband wanted) but I spelled it different
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Not at all! There is nothing wrong with wanting to keep it to yourself. I surely know how people love to steal names right from under you!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• it's the smart thing to do !!!!!
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Keep it to yourself...I had a son named him and my brother in laws girlfriend gave her son the exact same name (first and last) needless to say I am not to happy, since later in life this could cause all kinds of issues (one being credit issues) for my son.
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2010