For those who have been a SAHM AND a working mom at some point, I have a few question

Was your house cleaner when you were a working mom or a SAHM? Which made you feel more fulfilled or accomplished each day?Were you ever working and going to college, or not working and going to college?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• my house is much cleaner now that I am a stay at home mom. I think each have thier own ways of fulfilling you though. I love being able to stay home with my daughter and teach her and watch her grow. I also loved working and doing my best at something that I was compensated for. I am planning to go back to school next spring so we will see how that goes :)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My house was cleaner when I was home.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well I was a SAHM for 20 years and now I work part time. Is my house cleaner than or now? LOL It basically is the same. I tell my kids to clean up so I won't have to do it when I come home but.. sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. No I really don't feel more fulfilled working, infact I really don't want to. Due to money situations I have no choice.
    homeschoolin432

Answer by homeschoolin432 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I am working and going to college and running my own production house this is more fufilling.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think I have done everything. I have stayed at home full time with my son, I have gone to school and had a part time job, I have gone to school and had a full time job, I have worked full time outside of the house. Right now, I am going to school part time, working (very) part time, and I started my own business. For me, personally, I think I have felt more successful and fulfilled with owning my own business. After this semester, I only have one class left and I will be focusing more on my business and being a mom.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• my house was cleaner when i was a working mom, and i felt more accomplished when i worked
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I work and attend grad school. My house is cleaner now. Everyone picks up after themselves and I a more organized. I also have great time management. :) I am more fullfilled working. I love teaching. I get the best of both worlds. I still am home by 3 pm everyday. I love working, being home by 3 and teaching my son, and I feel I never miss anything. He goes to preschool while I am at work.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My house was cleaner when I stayed home, but I feel more fulfilled from the work that I do. I went to night school before I had kids, but since they were foster didn't have much option beyond FMLA for some home time with them.

I always worked full time when I went to college.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 11:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My house was cleaner when I worked, LOL. DH stayed at home because he's medically retired from the Army so he had to clean and watch our oldest son. I just worked and didn't go to school.
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Was your house cleaner when you were a working mom or a SAHM? Working Mom, because no one was home to make a mess.

Which made you feel more fulfilled or accomplished each day? SAHM, because every day I get to see my kids change and recover a little more. I have been able to see my kids go from violent angry children, to the loving gentle children they have always been inside. Every day I get to see the walls my kids keep up around themselves crumble a little more. 

Were you ever working and going to college, or not working and going to college? Not while I had kids, but I was working full time and going to school full time at one point.

3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:46 AM on Sep. 20, 2010