is divorce reallly the answer? adult content

hi everyone. my husband and I just got a divorce. I'm so lonely right now and I want to cry. I'm taking care of our two kids 2 and 4 on my own now. I'm also going to school and working. so stressed out. just dont know what to do with myself right now. I cant concentrate. I miss my husband. but i'm not sure about that. he was an alcoholic that treated me so bad. but not all of it was. I loved him. what should I do? I allmost want to ask him to come back home so that I would have an easier time finishing my educattion. please give me your opinions!

momsmilez

Asked by momsmilez at 10:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• i think you just need to stay focused on your 2 kids and on your school.. I understand you miss him... I missed my ex for a while.. everything will get better from here.. if you ever need to talk you can pm me.. just stay focused with kids and school.. everything will get better..take it one day at a time!! good luck momma!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Go to Alanon and take care of yourself. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i am living the same situation!!! i am only two months sepasrated have 2 kids! alcoholic, and abusive mentally emotionally and physically... destroyed all our wedding mementos on e night. laid hands on me too many times. kids did not see but a neighbor called and he got taken out of house overnight and i left. i am SOOOOO sad and he seems SOOOO remorseful... saw me at church and looked at me sad and long, teeling everyone he lost the best thing that ever happened to him, best part of =his life was me, goign to aa, anger management, two types of counselling he is. we have not filed for divorce yet but he was ALWAYS negative and threatening about us when i was there. now I am scared at the sudden and new shape of my life now. its just really strange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont knwo what is goign to happen to us,. i have to go to court about it next month. IS DIVORCE OUR ANSWER?>
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 10:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• with time everything heals... im a single mom and the dating scene is hard but why go back to something so miserable. chin up and be strong
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I went through it too at first after he moved out. But it took me over a year to get to the divoce decision and I know it's right to not stay with him. I don't love him and I don't respect how he treated our child and I don't want to be with him. I'm happier without him around me. Focus on you and your kids and it will pass and you'll be ok. You're strong.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would seek some counseling. Focus on your kids. Hope things get better.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Ask God for the answer. Pray and ask God to tell you what to do. Only God knows the best avenue. ck out the rejoice marriage ministries website. They helped me alot. I was a hot wreck. With three kids 6months, a year, and 2 years- school, work , and my dad was dying of cancer. Althought that was one of the worst times in my life, it was the time I drew closer to God cause believe me when I tell you I needed him.
    lat2herb

Answer by lat2herb at 12:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I want to thank all of you! And, I do pray everyday. I also went to aa meetings before we split up and they did help. I am a lot happier. things are hard sometimes but my kids keep me going. I would have been doing this on my own in a way if he were still here anyway. It's just easier right now because he's not around stressing me out. Life is good now! :)
    momsmilez

Comment by momsmilez (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2010