Do negative campaign tactics work? Do they make you afraid of Obama?

klynnrn

Asked by klynnrn at 5:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• No, but they do make me wonder about how nasty McCain can get.
    craftyleah

Answer by craftyleah at 7:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• im very afraid of him
    shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 7:09 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• He is just a Christian man who wants the best for this country and haters have tried to destroy that for some stupid reason. He has good plans and will make this country a better place with time. It won't happen overnight.I am not afraid of him, but I am afraid if McCain gets president. It will be bad enough with him but when he dies and leaves Sara Palin to run the white house, we will all die!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I start losing interest when the dirt starts flying. No, I'm not afraid of either candidate. I guess I'm a little cynical, but they wouldn't have gotten this far in government if they both haven't done a few shadey things. It seems to go with the territory. It always boils down to the lesser of two evils...
    but the negativity turns me off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I wouldn't know. I don't listen to, read or watch them.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• He is a Socialist (some may argue Marxist, or even Communist), that in and of itself scares me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Doesn't make me fear obama, but rather turns me away from mccain even more so. They are dispicable! I'm in colorado and received the one about obama being close with bill ayers or some shit. It's disgusting... they invade our tvs, fine, but when you start getting phone calls on the home AND CELL phones, that is totally crossing the line.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 9:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am used too ALL, the bad commercials , each campaign we have those, he did this...or he did that, but you know what id rather know what we are dealing with, Obama needs to get down too, and tell us whats in Mccain's closet, Although we know nothing but Vigra is lingering in there more than likely with a shot gun,

i know that was bad...

i know...oh well,

Im voting independent,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:15 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• They work in the sense of deterring me from the candidate who is slinging the most mud.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• They should only make you afraid if you are simple minded enough to believe everything that you see. Anyone capable of critical thought can see that they are created for one purpose and one purpose only-to incite irrational and misguided fear by playing of the minds of the weak.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2008