question about Medicare in Michigan

i have Medicare because me and my SO cant pay for insurance we dont have the money to.ive been told after the baby is born that they are going to come after him for child support or hospital bills. hes not on my case because we are not married and im scarred about this because its hard to make ends meat now. has anyone else had to deal with this..what should i do?

liljess09

Asked by liljess09 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Health

• Medicaid maybe? ... And yes, most states are opening up child support cases for single mothers that receive public assistance to help with the offset costs. However, if both of you are living together... You should report BOTH incomes (if both working) on all the Medicaid applications and such... When you report all incomes and prove that you are living together, they won't go after him for child support.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• we just moved in together and my worker never returns my phone calls..im just worried because if they do were screwed
    liljess09

Comment by liljess09 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Leave messages for your worker.... ask for a supervisor.... send an email....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2010