anyone have this

I am 24 wks. pregnant. Was just at the docot and told that my ultrasound showed a low lying placenta. At 30 wks. now I will get another ultrasound to see if the placenta moved. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. Did it correct itself and if not what happened?

katcb1019

Asked by katcb1019 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My MIL had a low placenta with 5 of her 7 kids. It isn't a problem if it is not covering the cervix. Most will move up as the baby grows and streches the uterus. She had vaginal births with wll of her kids.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I was told that mine was low lying at 22 weeks and I worried myself to death. They done another ultrasound at 30 weeks and the placenta was fine. I wouldn't worry about it.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Its not something you need to worry yourself on at this point... like the above ladies said, most the time it will correct itself before the next ultrasound :) mine did , and i had meself freaked before then ...
    Mommy-2-B-of-3

Answer by Mommy-2-B-of-3 at 12:31 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Worrying will only raise np and make you feel crappy relax and trust in your doctors. Good luck!
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010