side a chamber with oxygen it scared me when i read all the articles. its used for shaken baby syndrome babies that drowned in pools and are now unable to do anything for autism cerebral palsy our little girl has only mild developmental delay , do any of you guys read or heard of this have any of you used it?? don't think I'm going to try it at all

in our area article it came out about the use of hyperbolic oxygen treatments -but it seems to be for really handicap children parents that have lost all hope just want to know your ideas about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I know of many families that have done HBOT with their children and have seen significant gains after multiple "dives" with no adverse side effects; However, all of these children have moderate to profound disabilities like CP, Autistic Disorder and the like. HBOT isn't just a last ditch effort for desperate parents, either, it is a recognized, safe, viable treatment option that has a proven track record for efficacy, which is why it is becoming more popular & mainstream. We had considered doing HBOT w/our son, but his insurance wouldn't cover the cost, which can be quite prohibitive because multiple dives are required over an extended period of time. I'm not sure if a child w/only mild DD would even be a candidate for HBOT, especially if a young child, b/c mild DD can be "outgrown" or overcome through appropriate therapeutic interventions.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I don't know why you would be considering this treatment for your child but there are really no bad effects of trying if you think it will help.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I've only ever heard of HBOT therapy in connection with autistic children.
    Anonymous