PAS syndrome

We have figured that my dhs ex was trying to alienate my sd. Through a supbpeona we now have sds therapy records. DH was suppose to participate and he did just not with sd cause bm wuldnt give him the time to take her. Anyway, after reading the therapists notes its apparent that bm was trying t get sd to say bad things about dh and even that she never wanted to see him. Therapist saw through bms ploy however. BM didnt even let my sd talk all of the sessions centered on how she thinks dh is bad for sd and how she wants her bf to adopt her. We gave been in a custody battle hence the therapy. There is already a GAL though he is not very involved. My question is what does this mean for dh? Can he get custody for bm using pas? I mean we actually have proof. Any advice welcome. I mean she is truly ruining this wonderful little girl.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• there are so many acronyms in this paragraph.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 11:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If she is trying to manipulate people then you might have grounds for custody. Fair warning though it is generally very hard for fathers to get custody ,so you might want to talk to a lawyer if your really set on getting her out of that mess. Good luck to you.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 11:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• The step parent officially doesn't have authority in this case, so I would step in with the therapist and either require that a bio parent be at the therapy or the appointments are cancelled.

BTW, the only reason I get all of the acryonyms is because I'm on the foster / adopted group - you may want to post this there for more answers.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 11:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• lots of unkown acryonyms
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 12:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2010