Does anyone know how to clean white football pants and jersey?

my son who is 16 is just now starting to play football. i just found out that the parents have to wash the uniforms. i have no idea how to do that. do i soak them overnight then wash in the washer or just wash them in the washer. what detergent to i use? i use A & H liquid gel detergent. is that ok? should i use another? what stain remover do i use. i am so stressed here. he has to play tomorrow.

Asked by kaylovesewan at 11:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Oxy clean works best for me.Soak if you can

Answer by booniemom at 11:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I used spray and wash if it was too bad and mostly just threw it in and washed in hot big deal.

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Do NOT use will turn them a nasty yellow. I use Spray and Wash or Shout right on the stains and let it soak in for about 10 minutes and then wash and dry. I have also use Fells Naptha soap. It is a bar soap that you rub on the stains and then wash like normal.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Do not use bleach. I have used Oxy Clean and non-chlorine bleach products.

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:11 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i use zout on my kids clothes works wonders it even took berry stains out of my youngest good ants we thought were ruined

Answer by sherryb1273 at 8:42 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• pants not ants*

• I use Tide and OxyClean and I buy the Oxy Clean spray for touch stains (like Grass).
    There isn't necessarily anything different about washing the uniforms than other whites, except I wouldn't use the bleach either.

When they are really bad I put a can of coke in the washing machine. I know that sounds weird - but it totally works.

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Hydrogen peroxide or oxy-clean. Put them in the sun to dry.

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Biz works well on my son's baseball pants

Answer by sahlady at 1:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No bleach for sure! I used scrub with tide every night. Then my boys told me I was getting them too clean, looks like they dont play. A easier way, which is always good for me, automatic dishwashing detergent. Soak them in it. whitens them tremendously, will any white load. It gets rid of the buildup of detergent and hard water graying too. But I have not found anything that works better than a tooth brush and tide. works every single timfe. Believe me I have scrubbed a lot of grass stains knees out of every possible type of pant two young boys can get themselves dirty in, they are definitly outdoors boys.

Answer by cmrbored at 9:44 AM on Sep. 23, 2010