Bumbo Seat...

I was givin a Bumbo seat for my 4 month old dd by a friend, i was totally excited because everyone speaks so highly of it! My dd loves the seat! But its a royal pain to feed her in. As soon as the spoon touches her mouth, she throws her head back! She eats just fine in her swing (i dont have a high chair yet).
I dont know, im kinda disappointed in the seat. I had a delux Summer seat that was awesome, but i lent it to my sister to use for my nephew who loves it so much that i just cant ask for it back.

Basicly im asking if anyone else is disappointed in the Bumbo seat? I would have never bought one for the price of it but im thankful of my friend for thinking of us. Do you think its worth the price?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 11:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just work with her and teach her not to throw her head back. I loved the Bumbo.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I've never used a bumbo seat, didn't want one. But as far as the throwing the head back, I always found it easier to feed dd when she was looking up. That way she had no choice but to put the food in her mouth lol
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have a different brand and I really like it. We aren't on solids yet, but the tray that my sit up seat has is a super cool feature. Ours is a BeBe Pod which is way cheaper than a bumbo.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have one (it was given to me too and i agree, the price is too much) but my 6 week old son love it just to sit and hang out in... it gives him just enough support for his head to wear i feel safe using it :) But with a child that throws her head back i can see how it would get annoying.
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 11:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I loved it! My son loved it, too. :)
    connorlove

Answer by connorlove at 3:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think it is meant for playing in not as a high chair. I feed my baby in the high chair that reclines and then he cant throw his head around.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 7:30 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• We loved the Bumbo seat. It helped our baby so much as well, he learned to sit on his own much quicker. I also didnt feed him in it, because he was much more interested in his toys lying around him or looking at his feet. He never wanted to look up!!!
    Doreen633

Answer by Doreen633 at 9:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I'm not a fan of the Bumbo. I've seen them used improperly WAY too many times that I think they are a hazard- left out of arm's reach, left unsupervised, used for feeding on an elevated surface, etc. Plus, I've talked with my pediatricians and occupational therapists who agree that they actually can delay the skills necessary for sitting up and trunk support because the baby doesn't have to work to maintain her own muscle control. I think it's much better to put them on the floor surrounded by a boppy (in case of tip-overs!) with close supervision. And feeding is much better in a high chair because you are more likely keep a super close watch- plus, so any high chairs can recline. It's better to keep them somewhat reclined when first starting solids anyway. Check your high chair manual or ask your pediatrician for a specific angle of inclination.
    DanielleB10

Answer by DanielleB10 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• just started to use our..and love it
    cdesersa

Answer by cdesersa at 3:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2010