possibilities? advice anyone?

So I'm thinking maybe my newborn little girl is lactose intolerant as I am. She has only poo'd 3 times (almost 4) in 4 days. Of which today she only poo'd because I put a themometer up her butt as the dr office told me to try. I take her to the doc tomorrow I guess, they said they want to see her, and I want them too anyway. But She has been fussy, she either doesn't want to sleep at all or she doesn't want to wake up to even eat really. She's constantly trying to poo, but nothing coming out and what has came out wasn't hard. like today it wasnt hard at all. Before this started she couldn't stop poo''ing and it was really really runny half the time if not most the time and her little butt was raw. I've gave her gas drops a total of 3 times, and that was 3 diff days (like 1 one day and 1 the next, etc). She even makes this disgusted face when given the bottle half the time like she doesn't like the taste almost or something...?

BAR427

Asked by BAR427 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she could have a virus too. I wouldn't rule that out.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Talk to the doctor, but lactose intolerance does run in families.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 11:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Is it formula in the bottle? That would explain a disgusted face... have you tasted that stuff? Blech!

Also, formula can be really hard to digest, which can cause constipation and other issues. How long have you been LI?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:33 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I need a little more info to give a better answer: How old is she? What things have you recently change (you said she used to have runny bowels, etc)? Is she breastfed or formula fed? Any other symptoms?
    Aside from those specifics, it does sound like constipation but it can be caused by many things, including an intolerance. If you haven't changed anything and she used to tolerate it though, it sounds like something else. If you are nursing, are you taking any medicines? When I first came home from the hospital with my baby, I was on a stool softener which was obviously passed to my baby. She had horrible cramps, fussiness, and struggled with poops. We heated up a "bed-buddy" (it's a bag of rice, really) in the microwave- NOT hot, very lightly warm- and strapped it into her snuggly bouncy seat with her. The heat and pressure really soothed her tummy and gave her a lot of relief. I would definately talk to the pediatrician!!
    DanielleB10

Answer by DanielleB10 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010