Does anyone know any good methods to "stop yelling at your children"???

(FYI:Im always on my cellphone so I leave short answers) When I get home I leave longer replies :)

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• when you start to yell just stop and take a breath...then try again
    also -let go of the little stuff
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• There are lots of good suggestions in the book "how to behave so your children do to" - gives you techniques like giving yourself a timeout (even if in the bathroom) to cool off, or only saying once and then acting on it.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 11:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Just say, "Im going to hug you so hard!" and grab them and hug them until the urge passes.

You're mom. You are all they have!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Have someone yell at you to remind you what it makes you feel like ! I know how frustating raising children can be. Control yourself. "What you feel" can't matter in order to take charge of your actions. Fight it. I am serious about having someone yell at you. I used to be the same way until I realized how much it hurt to have someone do this to you..... Hugs !! :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Awwww these answers a so true and so beautiful... I love them!! {{{{hugs}}}}}
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• These methods are gonna really help me out. The answers seems like their gonna be very therapeautic :) Wow.... My first day will be tomorrow.... wish me luck!
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Count to 10 before you respond. Look at the kids face when you yell and remember that look.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Figure out why the need to yell all the time.
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Why do you yell at them? Once you figure out the why then you can work on the yelling. Did your parents yell at you? There are many good books on learning how to change your behavior with your children. I found counseling helped me change the way I reacted to different things. Remember yelling is a habit and you have to want to stop.
    DisabledVet

Answer by DisabledVet at 2:14 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• What do get out of it? Do you feel more powerful? More in controll? Were you yelled at as a child? Whatever the reason, you are harming them pshycologically and you have to STOP. Sort out your issues on your own time. Woman up and quit bullying your innocent, defenseless children,they didn't ask to be here. You are the adult, learn to controll yourself
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 2:54 AM on Sep. 20, 2010