Do you use play yards instead of a bassinet/ co-sleeper or in conjunction with it?

I'm trying out what would be the best and most useful for my baby boy.

drdavenport

Asked by drdavenport at 11:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a play yard with the bassinet built in, it also had a changing table...it was more worth the money to me than buying a play yard and bassinet
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• our play yard actually had a bassinet and changing table attached to it. for my sons first couple month, he slept in the bassinet right beside our bed. it was a graco and it had a little attachment to it that made the bassinet vibrate and also played music/nature sounds. it was great. it also came with a changing table and diaper holder.
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• with my first i used a pack n play, which worked great. For my second, i had gotten rid of the pack n play, and for a few reasons thought i wouldnt need one, so i ended up getting a co-sleeper.
    Big mistake because she grew out of it so quickly, and i could have gotten more use out of a pack and play next to my bed.

redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 11:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• bassinet for our bedroom, then crib in their bedroom and pack n play for in the livingroom as they got older.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• To be honest, I had pack n play's with both my kids and NEVER used them... All the did was take up space. We are co-sleepers, but even through the day I found them useless.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Our pack and play has a bassinet and changing table made into it so we use that.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I used a pack and play and did the co-sleep thing as well. I only had a bassinet for the first month and rarely used it.
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 11:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have a play yard with detachable bassinett. I also have a crib, I never bought an actual bassinett. Waste of money!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I bought the play yard with a bassinett. I thought about a bassinett but was having bad thoughts of my then 3 year old would want to peak at the baby and accidently tip it over.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Same as Sabrina, we have a pack n play but my son rarely slept in it because we coslept. We intended it to be his bed, it just didn't work out that way in the end. I did use the changing table and really liked it until he grew out of it. And now that my son is a toddler I use it as a playpen when I need to take a shower. I think it has been worth the money we spent on it, and would recommend it to others.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:24 AM on Sep. 20, 2010