what could it be? and should i take her in tomorrow?

my poor hita hasn't been feeling well all weekend. she's been waking up crying at night and she almost only ever does that when she is sick with an ear infection or something similar. well she keeps telling me its NOT her ears or her throat or her tummy, but she has complained about each of those things at SOME seperate time during the weekend. this morning i noticed she had a weird rash/hives kinda thing all over her body but she said it wasn't itchy or anything. she just woke up crying again and when i went to check on her and ask her what is wrong she said her face hurt ?!?! i'm thinking maybe sinus problem? or allergies? she's 3 btw...

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 11:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• if her face hurts it could be sinuses. is she snoring at night? sniffing alot, then coughing right after? have you given her anything? if she's breaking out i'd take her in, just to be on the safe side. it could be just hives and you can give her some benadryl (right? can they have that at 3??) but just to be on the safe side take her in.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would take her in and see whats going on. I hope she feels better soon.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would take my son to the ER, if it was me! But than I would have taken him to the doc a while ago because my son has consistently slept a full 11-13 hours every single night since he was around 5 months old. He just turned 2 in July.
    Any behavior which is VERY out of the ordinary for your child (you know them better than any other), take them to a doc! Regardless what ANYONE says to you. But that is just my GOOD advice!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• oh yeah, if she's up now, and it could be sinuses, take her into the bathroom and put the shower on HOT, let the steam break it up. if she's feeling better afterward, then you know it was sinuses. i know that can mess with the ears, and also, the mucus going into her stomach could give her a tummy ache, along with a sore throat. it is that time of season. i'd still take her in if that rash is there though. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• oops, one more thing. a few years ago i saw on the news that they discovered if you give kids (well they said hot but who will give kids hot??)warm juice, it helps with the common cold. it can help prevent it. it also can help break up the gook in the sinuses. my son has been sniffing and snoring, waking up at night too, but so far that's been it, i give him water when he does wake up, i know when i'm like that my mouth is totally dry and i need water just to at least wet my mouth. I use hot tea, but for kids just get some regular juice, like juicy juice or something, toss it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and let her drink it. i did that i think it was this morning for ds. he's sleeping alot better now, no snoring or anything. keep the tissues in handy though, her nose may run alot.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Rash, sore throat, tummy ache can all be symptoms of strep. Take her in tomorrow and ask for a step test. My kids always present with a strep rash and the doc never believes that is what it is. I have to ask for the test and the doc is always surprised when I am right.

Good luck! Hope she gets to feeling better.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Thanks ladies, i'm taking her in this morning so we'll see, i really hope its not strep :( is she too young for a sinus infection? she picks her nose ALOT, so could that cause problems too? the rash seems to have gone away but idk... she is my weakling (compared to my older dd and my ds) so i'm always more worried when she gets sick, and of course she always seems to get sick more often :( she was very mad that i kept her home from school today but oh well :P
    DreainCO

Comment by DreainCO (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Take he in. The worst thing that can happen is that its no big deal. I would say this is one of those times when you can not be to careful.
    cally101123

Answer by cally101123 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010