Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps


I am so pissed off my husband has a daughter with his ex girlfriend the little girl is now 4yrs old and he split with the baby mama when the little girl was about 1yr old. before me and him got married he was able to see his daughter anytime. his ex would ever drop off his daughter to him for days at a time. well now that we are married and have a child together his ex has taken his daughter 100% out of our lives. its so sad cuz his daughter is such a daddy's girl. the last time we saw her was in Feb of this year. she has changed her phone number and we know NOTHING about the little girl. his ex had the balls to one day show up at our home and mess up his car in front of his daughter. she is so out of control. his ex HATES me and i have no idea why i have done nothing at all to her. when i meet my husband she and him were long done. she even has a bf so i dont get it.


Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 11:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 23 (15,946 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (17)
  • She resents what you have with her ex-JEALOUSY, Honey! She needs a dope slap back to reality! YOU are his wife now & she has to accept that & be mature, for the kid's sake. Have your hubby take her to court to get visitation rights & if she does not abide by the court order then she could possibly go to jail! Tell your hubby to do this, he has rights, too!
    BEST of luck, sweetie-I feel your pain!

    Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:05 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • If he can prove he's the dad, he can take her to court and get his rights as a father back - also means child support, which she could probably use.

    Answer by Maureenmich at 11:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • Take her to court. Plain and simple. What she is doing is NOT legal if the father has rights.

    Answer by Glamourina at 11:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • I would advise that he take her to court. They will do a DNA test and then they will give him rights to the child. If she goes against those, she will be held in contempt of court.

    Answer by hsmominky at 11:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • He needs to get an attorney and fight for his rights. The ex can get in trouble for withholding visitation, especially if there is a court order that states visitation.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • even if he knows she is his it would look better for the courts to see the dna results, i would take her to court and try to get full custody if i were in your situation. a child does not deserve to be taken away from their daddy. GOOD LUCK!

    Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 12:02 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • You do need a DNA test to get anywhere in court. The judge wont do anything regarding custody without it.

    Answer by Glamourina at 12:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • we don't need a DNA everyone knows that she is his daughter the little girl looks just like him and even if she was not he would still want to be in her life...its not a puppy its a child once you love a child and do so much for them a paper is not needed...


    Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • It sounds like your guy isn't telling you the whole truth. Why all of a sudden did this happen? Is he paying child support?
    I wouldn't worry about it. You can only do so much. Just focus on the new baby right now. Trust me, eventually she will come around. She's upset about something....and who cares if she doesn't like you. She's probably just jealous.

    Answer by TeeHas3 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • my husband has no need to lie. his ex just hates the fact that he moved on, she always thought that he was going to go back to her time and time again. anyone would get tired of living in war. it was not a good environment for nobody not for his daughter, his ex or him so he made the decision to separate. at first she was enjoying the single life she even started dating but when he started to date me and things went to the next level she had a problem.


    Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Sep. 20, 2010