what do you do for yourself when you are sick?

I am already taking cold and sinus meds, but what other things do you do for yourself when you arent feeling well. When you are mom you take care of everyone when they are sick, does anyone take care of you or do they just stay out of your way?

foxracing43701

Asked by foxracing43701 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Health

• hot baths and hot tea..It takes me forever to get better when I am really sick because I don't get to rest! LOL Oh what helped me most recently was that emergen C stufff..that can work wonders!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:25 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No one takes care of me...Moms just have to suck it up unfortunately. My hubby lets me nap whenhe is home....best thing ever is a nap.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 12:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I use a heating pad on my back. and I usually have to get everything for myself. dh is a t work and I still will have to take care of my dd. I make me some chicken noodle soup with cabbage and carrots in it.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I do not like others to take care of me when I am sick. I feel like I am a burden, even though I love to take care of others when they are sick. As for what I do for myself, sleep when I can, take homeopathic meds, get plenty of fluids
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• if i'm sick, dh does whatever he can to make me comfortable. he takes care of the kids, cleans the house, makes the meals, brings them to me, ect.
    if it's just something like a sore throat, which is normally how it starts if i do get sick, then i heat up some unsweet tea and drink it, it helps with the sore throat, and i stay away from dairy as much as possible. i'm the type that hates taking meds unless it's an absolute necessity
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:13 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I go about things as normal when I'm sick, but I try to get the kids in bed early.....then I crash on the couch and watch Disney movies. Haha. :) Mommy comfort time.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:15 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I dont get sick very often, luckily..but i am so congested right now that I can't even sleep...if I lay down i start coughing and choking so I am attempting to sleep in the recliner tonight. My hubby is sympathetic from a distance...lo He will do things for me when I ask but he would rather just keep the kids out of my hair and let me sleep..but he is also clueless when it comes to taking care of them on his own but he does try.
    foxracing43701

Comment by foxracing43701 (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• sorry i get no sick days here...lol i work full time and part time and throw in doubles no matter what...sick or not its drink some meds and keep going with the daily duty's...lol

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:21 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• get better lol
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 1:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I fry garlic and onions in butter and eat it with a sandwich. It's an old home remedy that works well for me. I usually start to feel better by the next day.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 2:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2010