How can I look at this in a better way?

Me & my boyfriend have been apart, but 3 weeks is a long time! (Hes out working) & It's been a week & when he calls me I am not in a pleasment mood. I tell him I have nothing to say to him, he tells me he had a great sleep with no interuptions..& that blew me off the wall! considering I would be so lucky to even get 5 hours of sleep :| I am totally exhausted! & soo grouchy! I just hung up on him. dinner, dishes, dirty diapers...clingy baby, constipated baby, teething baby, no sleep. I know this is the beauty of motherhood! but nobody has ever helped me out besides my boyfriend .& now that he is gone I am like completly drained..I almost fell asleep at a red light today :( My son always wants to be held if not that..he never naps through the day! & I try to get him to nap..but he wont!& I don't understand how he can still wake up soo much during the night...I've tried prune juice, I've tried everything..teething tabs, tylenol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• put one tbs of karo syrup in a four oz bottle and it sould make him go then get the oralgel pm and tylonol for night time teething...put one tbs of cereal or oatmeal in his bottle(if he is old enough might want to ask dr)....but this should help him sleep longer at night....good luck with everything...but if you need to talk message me...
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• im sorry your going through that. i couldnt imagine not having any help :( if your baby is not getting better i would take em to the dr.. there could be another reason for all those. maybe hire a sitter, or a trusted friend for a couple of hours just to get sum rest.
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 12:17 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I'm so sorry, you have have every right to feel exhausted and frustrated! :( Is there ANYONE who can help you out for a while? A friend, neighbor, relative, anyone? Even to just get yourself a good nap could make a world of difference!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• What is there a better way? I think your pretty positive! Have you run off screaming in the woods? Are you still trying to find cat naps, I will say probably at the red light is not a good place.. The thing is your a stressed out mom. Yeah your in good company.
    Try some whiskey on those gums or ambisal on those babies poor gums. Sleep when you can-- scream and hang up if you need to. One day at a time, smile and nod if that helps. Cry if that helps.
    If babies came with an owners manual we would all be in a better place. Here is one more bad piece of news for ya as soon as you figure out this piece to the puzzle (stage) a new one that is more twisted awaits around the corner.
    So as far as I can see your doing fine. Keep your chin up and drink some of that whiskey that may help your out look.. Which btw seems probably above where I would be at the same point. Keep up the good work and who cares about dirty dishes. GL
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• my husband is military and we just spent the past year apart. We have 2 children and went through just about everything we possibly could while he was away. Just hold your head up high and try to go day by day. Keep yourself busy and try not to take it out on your bf. If he is out working, not partying and out having fun all day, he deserves a good nights sleep. He should also be ready to give you a break when he gets home though. As for the fussy baby, get a friend or family member to help you out for a couple of hours! We all need a little break sometime. I completely understand how hard it is to be single mommy when you are used to the help...it does get easier. good luck!
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 12:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Shit, I love when my man is gone! My son and I sleep so much better and more peaceful! Sorry sweetie, I never went through any of that. Well I did go through the teething of course! I was determined not to have a fussy and clingy baby from the moment I decided to keep my fetus. I put him to sleep at bed time and he only woke once a night for the first 5 months and drank about 3 or 4 ozs', had a diaper change and went right back to his crib and slept until 10am or so. He still at 2 years now sleeps 10-13 hours straight every single night. If you have constantly held them from day one than obviously they will continue to expect that! I let my son lay in his crib or on the bed next to me for hours while wide awake with little to no attention when he was first born and he has grown to be a super happy, very affectionate and independent little man!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:24 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I highly recommend you get a ring sling so you can wear your baby around. It helps so much when you have a baby who doesn't like to nap...I had the same problem. We also ended up sleeping in the same bed because it was the only way to get any rest at all. And I would NOT NOT NOT give your baby Karo syrup or cereal - your post doesn't say how old the baby is but these things are home remedies and you really need to talk to your doctor.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• wow, you need help! Is your family around? Maybe a friend????
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:47 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It sounds like you're overwhelmed. Is there anyone who can give you a break? any other young mother around who might want to swap babysitting? Is there a local parenting group near you? If so call them. If not let your son scream until he falls asleep. It's not OK for you to be so tired from holing him all the time. Seems hard but If you get sick whose going to care for him? My daughter went through that after we visited my husbands folks who held her all the time. Needless to say when we got home she wanted to be held. I tried weaning her off but what it took was her screaming for several hours and then she went to sleep. the screaming got shorter all the time.
    Also call your SO and apologize to him. Tell him you love and miss him and you never realized who much he did for you.
    DisabledVet

Answer by DisabledVet at 12:51 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Writing can be quite therapeutic when you are stressed. That's why I come to this site.  I spent 3 months alone with the kids from April-July.  I was pregnant with our last child and had 4 other kids to deal with and no car.  The first few weeks were insane.  My 4yo was in preschool twice a week which meant getting out, then picking kids up from school every day because the school wouldn't let them walk home alone.  I had to walk to the grocery store every other day, take the bus to my doctor appts.  I was so freaking tired I would just cry and the kids were out of control.  Ugh.

Now we're all together again but my husband is working 16 hour day so I'm alone with 4 kids and a 2 month old that is only quiet if I'm rocking him in his carseat.  I'm having a beer tonight.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:04 AM on Sep. 20, 2010