I know a teen who is a honor roll student and is getting college credits,she's a junior,she does volunteer work,is her doing volunteer work part of being a honor roll student,like does she get points earned to get into some fancy university or something?

I don't know her very well.I think she's a very blessed individual and I'm just currious about what highschoolers do these days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Community service is not required for graduation here, but it is required for all honor society students, as well as all students who participate in school athletics. My son is involved in both, and each activities requires a certain number of service hours. It does look good on job applications and college applications, as well as teaching a sense of responsibility to community.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:49 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It looks really good on a college application by showing that she's a well-rounded person with ties and concerns to her community. Also can provide real-life experience that most high school kids might not have.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Volunteer work can help with anything she applies for in the future, whether it be colleges, internships, or jobs. Anything she does on her own time like that can only give her more skills/experience and it looks impressive because she did it without compensation.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:31 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• In the HS I work in community service is required for graduation.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:34 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• community service is required for graduation

Answer by older at 7:41 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• For the more competitive colleges, the after school activities are as important on the college transcript as their grades are. So the volunteering, being in band and clubs, going to church, etc look really good.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:42 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Not all states require community service for graduation.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:54 AM on Sep. 20, 2010