What is the fate of our planet according to the Mayan calendars 2012

h2obare

Asked by h2obare at 7:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• December 21, 2012 is predicted to be a major change. I find it interesting that the date is just after the presidential election in 2012.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• The prediction is that it it will be a major change. Something unlike today......
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:01 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• This is very simple... The Mayan calendar stops because the Spanish came in and killed them before they could do anymore... Although they predictied that too... So maybe we should all be ready just in case...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Some say it's just because the Mayans ran out of ink. LOL.

I do think we're on the verge of a major change but I think many of us already know that. We don't really need the Mayans to tell us that.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• It's a major change. Not the end of the world per say, but could be close. I thinking another economic depression or recovery from it. I too found it interesting that it's an election year. I don't think it's going to be a good thing for human kind. I've heard something also about alien life returning for the ones they left here. LOL IDK about that one, but why not. We'll be annihilated by aliens. Seriously though things are going to change big time. Which way it goes we'll see.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Some have predicted that the oceans will rise and will cover more of the land than is already covered, including the area in Mexico that the pyramids are in. (Global Warming? Comet? Who knows?) In my part of Texas, we'll be okay if that happens. We just need to teach our kids to live off the land if the worst happens...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• There will be change and we just need to be ready. WHat form it will take I do not know but if we know to pray and trust God then we will be fine. Its those that choose to live in fear that will struggle the most. Look at what is happening now. America is fear ridden because of the financial stuff and the upcoming election!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• shaneagle777: ditto. With the economy, election, etc. there is a big change coming to this country. I also believe that it's a time to pray and trust in God.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I actually visited the Ruins of Tulum last year.. The Mayans were discribing the end and begining of a spiritual awakening, as they knew it.

The Mayans were very spiritual and peaceful people. Visit the ruins and you can sense it in the atmosphere.
    GOBryan

Answer by GOBryan at 6:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2008