WHAT DO I NEED TO PACK IN MY BAG FOR THE HOSPITAL?!

how many outfits for myself?! and how many outfits for the baby?! binkys?! how many days are you usually in the hospital for? im soo lost please helpp !!!

Alyssa_mommy2b

Asked by Alyssa_mommy2b at 12:56 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lol calm down for u just a comfy pair of pjs n some house shoes a breast feeding bra if ur gna bf..some pads cus the ones they give u are like wearing a matress lol n for baby some pjs if u wanna dress him or her in the hospital if not they will give u a lil gown some pampers incase ur gna use a different brand from what they use,, binkies they give u some there bottles also they provide prefilled bottles um some socks lil mittns for hands cus they like to scratch there faces.. and a come home outfit for u n baby n a blankie bout all i can think of
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i was there 48 hrs. i packed a girl outfit and a neutral one (just in case). one change of clothes, toothbrush and toothpaste. dh didnt bring anything and ended up running back home (where he fell asleep for 4 hrs! lol) to get some things, so you may want to pack him some things if you dont want him to leave. and dont forget your camera and batteries and the baby book!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:02 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would take 2 sets of pj's and 2 sets of super loose day clothes. You will be wearing heavy pads and be super sore after baby. Have you gotten any nursing bras and nursing pads? If so, pack 2 bras (diff types) and 10 pads. Pack 5 diff size outfits for baby, 5 diapers, and either baby wipes or washcloths. Washcloths are better, so baby doesn't develope an allergy. If you're formula feeding, take 1 can and 3 bottles with slow nipples. Make sure to pack 3 hats of diff sizes for baby.
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 1:02 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• vaginal delivery- you may only be there one night. C-section, up to 3 nights. You only need an outfit to go home in though and if you want, a pair of loose fitting pjs. With my first delivery, I didn't change out of the hospital gown until it was time to go home. The baby will be in a shirt provided by the hospital. Bring an outfit for them to come home in and if you want, a different outfit for their first pictures. The hospital will provide binkys, diapers, wipes and even bottles, if you need them.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:03 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Pack some comfy sweats and a nursing top or two, and some flip flops for the shower. You'll still look about 5 months pregnant when you leave the hospital, so don't bring jeans or anything like that. Bring all the toiletries you would take on vacation; I found that after having Audrey, putting on my makeup really made me feel more human!
    Bring two or three diapers, some wipes, and a going home outfit for baby including a hat, socks, and a onesie that is the easiest!!! DH and I had the cutest going home outfit picked out but it just wasn't practical and we ended up just putting her in the onesie.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:04 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• take a tour of your hospital and ask what they provide while you are there. I'm certain you do not need to pack hats, several outfits, formula, bottles or any of that stuff. Every hospital I have ever been in provides that stuff for you.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• here's what I actually used.
    I used one outfit for when I went home. Some body wash, hair shampoo and conditioner, deodorant, chapstick, tooth brush, paste, wash an outfit for my son to go home in, and I think that is it. oh yeah and then the same for my SO because he stayed with me.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Bring your birth doula, overnight clothes for you, husband, newborn. Swimsuit for him. Toiletries. Lots of food and drinks. Camera gear, phone, laptop gear...
    Carseat and blankie for baby.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:35 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I took a couple night gowns, a few pairs of clean undies and socks, hair brush, deodorant, toothbrush and paste, coming home outfit, book, phone charger, things like that. The only thing you need to bring for baby is a coming home outfit, carseat and blanket if its cold. The hospital will give you everything you need for baby while you are there. Oh, and i packed the same for DH as i did for me cause he stayed the entire 4 nights with me:)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:50 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i never used my own pjs better off wearing hospital gown due to bleeding all u really need is going home outfit for u and baby toiletries they give baby everything baby needs while there.so going home outfit for baby and a blanket .camara.usualy you are there 3 days depending on birth and where you are
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 7:05 AM on Sep. 20, 2010