How would you react?

So, tonight I made dinner, and it was just really simple, spaghetti, a salad, and peaches. Normally I do garlic bread or cheese bread or something with it, but I just spaced it. Anyways, I told my husband it was time to eat, and he came in, and the first thing he said was, "There's no side dish? Why didn't you make a side dish? Or at least bread or something?" I was a little bugged, but I got up and started making some cheesebread. And then he says, "Stop making the bread and just come sit down at eat." I continued making it, and he's like, "If you make the bread, then I'm not eating." I just told him whatever, and continued. He got up from the table and went back to watch tv.

Well, a little bit ago, I went out from the bedroom, and he made himself a frozen pizza.

I feel kind of hurt. And don't really know what to say or do. He doesn't think that he did anything wrong. I feel like crap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• why did you continue to make the bread after he said not to? Not saying you were wrong, just curious?
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• thats not right for him to act like that he shuld b gratefull u made him dinner that was just a childish move i would tell him tomorow cook ur own dinner im taken the night off lol
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 1:32 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• people in my house dont complain about what i make...what i make is what it is they can eat it or go without...you might just have him a little too over spoiled...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:32 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Wow, he was being a jerk. I think you have every right to feel hurt. It sounds like something could really be bugging him, and/or he was in a bad mood for some reason. My DH has days like that, when he is just a total butt and my feelings end up really hurt. I'm sorry. :(
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:32 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Oh I should add...next time you make spaghetti, make a point of asking him if he wants you to bother making cheesebread or not. (As well as salad and peaches.) Tell him you need to know he's "okay" with the menu before you waste your time. lol
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:34 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• ouyyy,,,Im feeling an Italian family dinner and I dont even know if your Italian. So, you forgot his bread,,and he missed his bread. Note to self, next time remember to include his damn bread. lol....it can eat you alive or you can laugh with me about it. He really didnt want you to get up from the table and not eat, he just wanted his man bread. Do you see it? He is probably just used to bread with this dinner and he realized after he whined like a baby and you got up to make it that he probably looked like an ass...thats my take on it anyway...make him help with the dishes tonight,,:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:35 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Where did Grumpy get the idea that you're running room service? Why not Invite Boob Tube Boy to help you make dinner every night instead of staring into empty space while you slave away. Your marriage is starting to look a whole lot like Fred and Ethyls... and we all know how unhappy they were.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 1:37 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• IMHO, you are both equally in the wrong here. He is wrong for saying something and you are wrong for being stubborn and not stopping making the bread.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:39 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have question too was he watching football all day? Cause all men watch football and they rooting for one of his team to win today and they lost. He may have gotten made for one of his teams dump moves and he got it take it out on his self he had to take it out on u. And I also think he was a jerk for doing that to u and u have every right to be hurt. U slaved all day cooking spaghetti and other things besides bread u should have told him if he want cheesebread for dinner go in the freeze and fix urself a cheese bread. By the way is there any left I would love to have spaghetti with a salad and peaches?
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 1:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• no, his team won, so there was really nothing to be crabby about. lol. and I continued making it, because I wasn't going to waste food. He didn't tell me to stop until after I started making it. I have plenty of leftovers!! :)
    Annikakaley420

Answer by Annikakaley420 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2010