Business perspectives

I have a Facebook, and I posted an ad on it to friends and family hoping that I could get 140$ for my Wii and games. When someone offered to buy it, I was in the process of researching the max I could get for it. I told them I had a different price in mind and they offered to pay 170$. Well I wanted them to agree if it was fair or not, and that message didn't get relayed, but they came back and had called Gamestop and their offer would have been 120 max. Obviously why I didn't want to sell it to Gamestop. So now this so-called friend thinks I'm a hustler and should pretty much be in jail. We never agreed on a price, so was I wrong in wanting the most for my money? I spent 250$ new on the system, and used everything is worth more than 230$! Opinions please?

Zennie2005

Asked by Zennie2005 at 1:37 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• No you are not wrong. Game stop buys it back at a much lower price so that they can resell it and make money. The mistake you made was going onto FB and trying to sell it to family and friends for top dollar. I would do craigslist or ebay. Craigslist is easier because it's all local and you don't have to figure out how much for shipping. I have sold a lot of things on Craigslist. Just meet at a very public place or make sure hubby is home...the thought of a complete stranger soming to my house sometimes creeps me out. Good luck...if you have researched it well, you should get top dollar.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 10:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would just tell this person they can take it or leave. Give them a deadline and if they don't accept the deal by then, try selling it someone else. But next time, don't raise the price after someone wants to buy it. That's not fair to the buyer, and a legit business would never operate this way.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• no you're not wrong. i agree tell them to take it or leave it
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 4:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010