Just need to Vent

I just had a snake in my house,it crawled through a hole near my dryer vent. I had some stuff to spray in the hole to cover it up. This is the 3rd one I had, I will be glad when we move.I put sulphur down and now I need to get moth ball. I hate snakes, just hate them would they just disappear.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 1:41 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we live near swamp in louisiana and have bad prob with water mocassins so i know what u mean!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:42 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Didn't know which category to put it in.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Ew! I would freak out! :-/
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would freak out 2. I hate snakes.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i live in florida so snakes are a natural thing here well i am from jersey and i am not down with snakes...they scare the crap out of me...lol

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• wow gosh i hope they never come back. that's a bit worrying. especially if u've got kids!
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 1:46 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes 6, and my one year old saw it,then the 10 year old saw it.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 1:52 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Oh man - that sucks! I'm sorry - I would be freaked out, too - I so do NOT want a snake crawling around my house!!!

Was it at least non-poisonous?!?!

I got a call from my mil one time saying "Guess what I'm doing right now... " I asked what, and she said she was throwing rocks at a rattlesnake that she found in her sun room - it saw her, it slithered out, then she was throwing rocks because it was then stretched out straight and not moving as long as she was throwing them, as she waited for animal control. They caught it and dropped it over her fence (she lives in CA and her house butted up to a wild area / canyon). It came right back while they were still there, so animal control caught it again and took it with them. It FREAKED me out when she told me this!!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't be able to sleep! I am so sorry that you had to deal with that. Have you called Animal Control?
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:10 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I saw on HGTV once, Eric Strommers old show that in California...etc......they have a barrier they can put up around the perimeter of a fenceline, thats like a metal mesh......and they dig it down about 15 inches to stop snakes from crawling UNDER the fences.

I live in Florida too and worry about pigmy rattlesnakes as well.....pest control puts moth balls out, as do I....they terrify me. The snakes.. not the mothballs! ! LOL

What makes it worse is, you really have to educate your kids here in the south about snakes, spiders, poison ivey/oak..etc......and pray they wont mess with a live snake thinking they are Billy The Exterminator!

Hope you wont have any more issues with those creepy things! Its an unsettling feeling for sure once you see one inside your home.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:55 AM on Sep. 20, 2010