Hospital Bag

What Are you/Did you pack in your Hospital Bag? I want to make sure that I have covered everything and though I have done this several times before, I think you can always forget something. I figure if I can get it all packed by asking others then it will save time and stress when the time comes. LOL!

Thanks

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 1:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nursing pads, lanolin, nursing bra (if u plan to bf) 3x undies, loose fitting night gown, hair ties, lip balm, pillow, blanket (I hated using the hospital stuff with my first ) shampoo, conditioner, brush, tooth brush, tooth paste, body wash, make-up if u want, cell phone & charger or address/ phone book, slippers for u and hubby (same with sanitary items) pj bottoms and tops or comfy tops and bottoms, a couple out fits for baby, beanie, socks, thats all I can think of for now Ill write more if I think of anything else
    lovemynutterbut

Answer by lovemynutterbut at 1:58 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Honestly, I can't even remember what I took because my focus was on the diaper bag! lol But the best thing was taking my own pillows, yes plural. I took 2 and I felt kind of silly checking in but the nurses and drs said how smart I was and I was so comfy!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:49 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• honestly all i ever used was the outfit for going home.ive packed all kinds of extras in the past and never used the stuff.so id say outfit hairbrush and maybe lipbalm oh and dont forget the camara
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 7:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had 2 sets of matching PJs (they say not to do that for me I didn't have a choice that's the kind of person I am), slipper socks, TUCKS (a must have), underwear, pads, camera, a book or two maybe puzzle books, hair brush, makeup (I had to be in the hospital for 72 hours). Then the baby clothes.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 9:33 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• For me the most important thing was the camera. Anything else your husband, mom, etc. can pick up later. Nursing pads are most likely not needed. It's unlikely your milk will come in before you leave the hospital, so you really aren't going to need them until you get home. I bought some super cheap slippers at Target. One pair for during labor so that if they got all crapped up I could just pitch them and no worries. The other pair for after delivery and walking around the hospital room. Toiletries - shampoo, conditioner, makeup, etc. I used the hospital's pads, diapers, etc. I figured I was paying for them anyway, may as well use them. Comfy lounge clothes or pjs unless you want to wear the hospital gown afterward. Snacks for Dad during delivery and you for after. Cell phone, something to read, going home outfit for baby.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• All I needed was a camera and phone numbers and an outfit for both of us to go home in. The hospital supplied everything else. I brought a lot of stuff of course (tooth brush, deodorant, shampoo, pads, etc.) but I never had to open the bag.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have yet to pack mine. But last time it was basics. Toothbrush, hair brush, undies, shampoo, conditioner, camera, phone, hard candy. Babies going home outfit and mine.
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yep and it is allways by the door and ready for action.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010