Diagnosed with deteriorating placenta...

with my pregnacy to my son the dr's had to do a emergency c-section due to this...at the same time my aunt was pregant and had the same thing. my son was born a month b4 time and thank god is now a healthy big old 9yr old. but my aunts baby died.
has anyone been through this?

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 1:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Health

• I have not but my best friend has. Her first pregnancy was full of complications and she was bleeding the entire time...she ended up having a miscarriage at about 5 months. She saw a specialsit for her second pregnancy but they still didnt realize that her placenta was maturing faster than baby...at 32 weeks she was admitted to the hospital for a severe case of toxemia and was delived via emergency c-section...this is when they discovered that the placenta was deteriorating at that the baby had stopped growing. Her little girl went through a lot and was in the hospital until she was 5 months old had to have a couple of surgeries but is a healthy 4 year old now. She has be advised that it is very possible that this could happen again and that she probably shouldnt get pregnant again. With all of the advances in medicine now they have determined that her mom probably had the same thing, as she had problems with her pregnancies.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• no srry to hear that for your aunt.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 5:55 AM on Sep. 20, 2010