Why is my baby coughing???

I have a 1 1/2 month old baby, and when we first brought him home from the hospital he of course was coughing sneezing and couldnt control his movements. The nurse told me this was normal becasue his body is learning all these things. So no worries. But lately, my son has been coughing in the morning mostly and in the evening. He so far this morning has coughed four times and there are at least 3 little coughts to each time he has a coughing fit. they arnts bad.....but i dont think that he is still supposed to be doing this...he doesnt seem sick at all and no temp. should i be worried...or should i still monitor it like i have been just in case???? Thank you!!

Jenna

JennyBenny183

Asked by JennyBenny183 at 8:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could be reflux
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• yeah sounds like reflux to me. My daughter had that.
    Katee1107

Answer by Katee1107 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• It may not be reflux ... there are a lot of other signs of reflux other than coughing.

He may be starting to get sick, but only has a cough. My son got his first cold at 2 months. I started off with a cough, then got worse, and then he got a runny nose. I took him into the doctor, but they couldn't give him anything because he was so young.

Keep an eye on it and call your doctor if you're concerned.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2008