What do you think someone should weigh if they are 5'3?

This is about me. I realize there are no right or wrong answers, but I want to lose a few pounds and I am curious what goal I should set. I am not completely happy with my body and its starting to take a toll on me. My confidence is getting pretty low. I would just like a rough estimate of peoples first thought. So I can consider it. I'm not adding my actual weight, because I'm not looking for "Oh thats fine." I appreciate people being nice but I also want honesty, so don't feel bad or anything just throw me a number. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Well, you have maybe an inch on me. I don't focus on the number, I focus on how I look and feel in the mirror and my clothes, with that said if you need a number, take in to consideration I am mosltly German, a bit Samoan and abnormally skinny but all muscle so I go anywhere from 123 to 130.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 2:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think the previous poster made a very good point. It is important to focus on how you look to yourself and how you feel when you look in the mirror. You have to be happy with your body. I'm 5'5" and my ideal weight (according to WW) is 130-150. I think I would personally feel more comfortable around 145-150. Any less than that and I would feel too skinny. However, it is what YOU like and what makes YOU feel good about you.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 2:44 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I am 5' 2" and weigh 120, but the doctor said up to 130 was healthy. So I would assume 120-140 would be healthy. I personally feel too skinny if I dip too far below 120, I've weighed 110... but looked really unhealthy at the time.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• 120 to 130
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would say 120-130 too
    Saucy1

Answer by Saucy1 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2010