my 9 yr old daughter is very lazy. she dont want to do any work.but while watching TV or doing any of her own work she becomes very active please tell me how to make her active.she dont even take interest in studies .please suggest me something.

ridhima

Asked by ridhima at 2:33 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Turn off the TV and make her earn it by completing her homework and chores first. That's what I do with my kids, only EVERYONE has to have their homework done for the TV to go on.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Are you home enough to study with her? That would be a good start to turning her around.

DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 2:39 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Sounds like my 10yo.  I've never seen anyone work harder at being lazy.  She will do anything to get out of cleaning up or doing homework and if I let her she'd sit in front of that TV all day long.  Because of her the TV is almost always off (so me and the other kids don't get to watch either) and I'm practically up her butt making sure she actually does her homework and keeps her crap picked up.  The second I ask her to do something she throws a giant fit.  She puts so much energy into her fits and arguing about why she can't or shouldn't have to do whatever it was I asked her to do.  If she'd put half that energy into actually doing her chores and homework she'd be done in no time.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:51 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• ARE YOU A WORKING MOM
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 2:51 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Take the tv out for a while. Don't make it an option. Chores, homework and physical activity should come before activity in front of the tv. Am I the only one that didn't grow up doing whatever I wanted to do? I would never have dreamed of sitting in front of the tv. We did homework, chores, and played outside until dinnertime. Then we took baths and went to bed. The only time we watched tv was rainy days and Friday nights. There was no thought of talking back or throwing a fit because we didn't want to do our chores. We just knew what was expected of us. Why do parents these days make it so hard?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 5:59 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had five sisters and both my parents worked by the way.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 6:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• First of all why would it matter if she was a working mother?? I am a working mother and my daughter is lazy, but my son is not, and my DD is older--GO FIGURE?!@!?
    Anyway you will just have to do what I do and ride them all the time, everyday from dawn to dusk, about homework, chores, extra circular activites, even to shower. She breaks down and has a fit at least 2-3 times a week and she always says to get off her back, and I must not like her if I "bit**" so much at her. And I just tell her I bit** at her because I love her and if I didn't love her I'd let her fail. My mom and my relationship was like this as a child and we are close now, we see eachother and talk daily. So I believe she will thank me later!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:58 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's hard to get children motivated sometimes. I'd suggest unplugging the TV until the chores and homework are done. I've learned as my kids got older its easier for me to negotiate with them to get what I want, and that doesn't mean rewards. It means I want the dishes washed, my kid is on the computer...so I say what is your plan for getting the dishes washed and they will give me a time and if its not by that time then they don't get to go out with their friends to play or play video games or whatever. I have set chores every day, and no they don't get done every day but they do get done. Try setting up a chart for chores and study time, and once those things are done she can have tv time or whatever it is she would like to do.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Take away the T.V. and make a schedule. If the daily schedule is not done then you have lost all privileges
    msbrewton

Answer by msbrewton at 1:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• take the tv away..and make her earn it back every day..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:17 AM on Sep. 22, 2010