price of clothes

Just an observation. Has anyone noticed that even though we(population) get charged more for plus size clothes, we don't get charged any less for clothes that are really small? Example if you buy a pair if jeans that are a plus size you get charged extra like 2.00more but if you buy jeans in a size 0,1 etc. You don't get to pay 2.00 less. Things that make me go hummm?

dragonlady44

Asked by dragonlady44 at 2:35 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• hmmmmmmm
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:37 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I never realized that. Of course, I'm usually paying the $2.00 more. It would be an interesting thing to research and see if someone in charge of pricing could give an explanation.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 2:39 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• HMMMM! Nice observation, and one I will look into ! Lately I am more in the market for plus-sizes myself, I gained A LOT of weight while pregnant and never tried to lose it and do not plan to! It's not my problem, I don't give a shit how I look to anyone else (they are the ones who care). I have always preferred mens clothing, even at my lowest weight (size 6). I love mens jeans, have always loved the fit of them. And I usually shop second-hand stores anyway, I actually prefer my clothes be second-hand (especially jeans). They are already worn in well and usually softer and more comfy, see I am all about comfort!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Interesting!! Another thing I've noticed is that Levi's for my toddler are more expensive than Levi's for my tweens. How does that make sense??
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:22 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Hhmmm is right!

Why is it that girls clothes are more then boys or why clothes for my 7 year old cost the same as clothes I wear?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think its because manufacturers set a base price for the small and medium sized items and put a premium on the larger size due to more material needed. So if size 0 costs X, then the large size will cost X+2.00. The difference in cost isn't that big on the manufacturer level, but after several levels of distributors, and retailers, they have to add a markup to any kind of increase in expense. Hope that makes sense.
    ericamontana

Answer by ericamontana at 2:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010