Veins in breasts during pregnancy?

I'm 38 weeks +4 days pregnant now && about halfway through my pregnancy, I started noticing veins that actually protrude in my breasts and are bluish in color. They are even more pronounced now. Is this normal, has anyone else experienced this? Know what causes it or is it just another pregnancy thing..?

JazziesMom2010

Asked by JazziesMom2010 at 3:10 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have had those for as long as I can remember and I just had my first child 2 years ago, I turned 34 less than an hour ago! But, I have always had large breasts and very fair skin too.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:15 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Perfectly normal. As you are beginning to produce milk, the bloodflow to that area increases.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 3:33 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• @CassyzMom.....what does bloodflow have to with milkflow? Blood travels through the veins as well as the arteries and lactation comes from somewhere unrelated.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:39 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• its from extra blood flow
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 6:55 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yup I've had that pretty much this entire pregnancy, on my arms too. I didn't have that with my first pregnancy, so I asked my doctor and she said it's completely normal. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 7:53 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• totally normal; it's the increased blood flow that really goes everywhere, it just shows more in areas like the breasts, especially if you have fair skin. I am dead white, and it looks like someone drew lines with a blue marker all over my chest, as well as my arms and sometimes my legs and feet lol.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:16 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• yes is normal. and they will stay like that, i had my second 19 mts ago and i can still see veins
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:49 AM on Sep. 20, 2010