I have a hard time making new friends.

I had a lot of friends in highschool and never had a problem making them. Now I do not live close to any of them and most of my highschool friends and I have grown apart. I really want to have some new friends but it doesn't seem like I can ever meet anyone who feels the same. I believe I'm kind, clean and sincerely interested in other people. I'm confused. Do you have a lot of friends? How did you make/meet new people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• hi come join me look me up
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 5:02 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Am an extrovate, and when i meet people, first i smile at them, when they smile back, i feel relaxed and i do/say funny things, depending you the environment, from there we start chatting then change of phone numbers, if i want us to be friends, if not, it ends there.
    ocynachi

Answer by ocynachi at 5:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I moved away from all my friends also and where i live know the only people i know is from work i don't hang out with any of them outside of work. My life is my family once in a great while I speak to people from work over the phone. But other then that i work 40-45 hours a week so when i am not working i am to busy to have a life, i want to be with my family. I am a very hard person to get close to anyways and I have always been that way. I don't like drama and I like my drama free life.
    I see it as once you have you have hubby and children that becomes your life. I have women I speak to on here. So hey if you want to look me up i would be more then happy to chat with you anytime.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Join some groups in your local area and make yourself available. If you have toddlers go to the local library story hour. Lots of times they have other local activities posted. Also visit your local chamber of commerce or visitor's bureau/website to see what fun things are going on. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• no i don't most of my friends are out of state and i am extremely shy. but there are local groups etc
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I am pretty shy, too, when it comes to meeting new people and making friends. But I am going to start trying again to get out there and meet new people. We can be friends, though! Hit me up! I like new friends that I can talk to!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:31 AM on Sep. 20, 2010