What is your favorite Bible story, and why?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 5:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• While I cringe at the use of the word "story" I would have to say my favorite is Jesus' parable of the 99 sheep. All 99 sheep are safe in the fold and the good shepherd still goes out and searches for the lost one. It means each person is important and He wants all of us to be saved.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:34 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I like the one about not hiding your talent under a bush - can't recall the scripture ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• The entire Book of Tobit. It's great story of the relationship of a man, his wife and God. there is one point were he becomes a grouchy old man and not only does his wife call him on it but God does also.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• The Great Flood story is always good for a laugh and a decent debate with those that don't know much about ancient history, the world's geography and physics.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:29 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Although I dont read it anymore nor am I Christian anymore Ive always been a fan of the story of Shadrach, Meschach, and Abednego. Just like their courage and strength.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 20, 2010