Does she remember me?

My daughter is 5 monts and 3 weeks old now. Unfortunately I was forced to go back to work early (when she was 8 weeks). My mom watches her during the day and she does an awesome job. I still have bathtime, nightfeeds and weekends with her. I'm just scared that she doesn't know me. She smiles at absolutely everyone, so thats not a good indicator. It breaks my heart thinking that Im just another person to her.

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 5:29 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your baby knows who you are and it's a normal feeling that your feeling I went back to work when my DD was 7 weeks old and she stayed home with her father i went though she doesn't know who i am I would cry about it but she new i was and now at 2 she understands that momma and daddy have to go work she ever plays that she is going to work like us.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:32 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No... babies definitely know the difference between their mommy and other people. She knows you're her mom. You're still doing mom stuff and spending time with her, just because it's evening it doesn't make a difference.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 5:41 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• yeah she does, you haven't been gone 10 years lol :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:44 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• She definitely knows who her mom is! No question about that. And she would not be that happy baby without you. Relax and enjoy her.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• There is absolutely no question about it! She absolutely remembers you, your voice, your face, and even your smell! She knows who her mommy is, even if mommy has to go to work!
    MyFamilyOfFive

Answer by MyFamilyOfFive at 9:55 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Oh yes, she remembers you. From your voice that she has heard since utero.. to even your smell.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:33 AM on Sep. 20, 2010