Constant headache that wont go away

I've been getting daily dull headaches for the past year and a half sometimes it feels like a intense throbbing pain but not constant it comes and goes with the dull only a few times. they all started when i was preggo w/ baby #2 dr gave me medicine for them that was pretty much caffeine and worked for a little while but stopped, the headaches have also stopped responding to ibuprofen or any other otc medicine that i've bought in the last month and a half. I'm freaking tired of feeling like this. Anyone else go threw this? if so what has worked medicine wise. I'm probably going to end up calling my dr i just feel like i'm always calling him . Thanks

malibu79

Asked by malibu79 at 6:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Health

• Tell him the meds stopped working and the pain is not going away you might have to go to the doctor and figure out what is wrong. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:04 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I started headaches when my middle child was about a month old he is now 30 I wonder if you aren't having allergy headaches or too much caffine headaches migraines. I'd talk to your dr. The one thing I found that really does work for me is called Headache Relief the only places I have found it was Wal_Mart and Wal-Greens.
    GL I hope you find what works for you
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:12 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• allergies
    hunger
    thirst
    barometric pressure (storms coming in)
    stress
    something lacking in your diet
    a need for fresh air

those can all play a role as well
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:12 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I've had headaches since I was a kid but they are worse during some phases of life like with toddlers in the house. Diet, light, and all that can trigger one, but exercise does help me and fresh air. The dr. always told me to lie down in a dark room when I feel one coming one. Sometimes massaging my neck helps, but I did have to take a prescription strength med. for a little while when I was younger but I don't remember the name.. I only get them about once a month now, so I think it is hormones causing them. I hope you can get some relief.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 6:28 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• going threw it now, i'm taking a scipt claritin d 12. it might be due to allergies. does the pain sit right above your eyebrows and goes around to your temples? thats what mine does. also drink gatoraide. it helps too. he takes five meds cuz of his allergies but he drinks a gallon of gatoraide he feels fine.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:19 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Is your neck out.. One may not realize that something like that could cause a person to have a heachache or back ache. Chiropractor. I would give that a try.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 7:54 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had that happen...not to say it's the same thing but some food for thought. I went to the doc because I was worried about how much excedrin migraine I was taking because it was the only think that got rid of my headache for just a few hours. He kinda looked at me confused and ran a blood test.... low and behold I had lyme disease. I dont know what part of the country your from and if you have deer ticks around you but since then any other doc i've told about the headaches, that still havn't stopped, they always go right back to the lyme. I have been getting thes headaches that have last as long as a month for three years now. try the excedrin migraine it always gives me some kind of relief. GL
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You should ask him to refer you to a neruologist for your on going headaches.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Have you had a neck injury? How about TMJ? Both of those things can give you nasty headaches, and medicine doesn't work (at least not long term). I have both, and physical therapy helped a LOT.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:11 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Dehydration causes headaches. Also have your Blood Pressure checked. These are the two things that give me headaches and seasonal allergies too, which I take Allegra as needed.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:25 AM on Sep. 20, 2010