My son has been having squirts of poop..TMI

Now for about 3 weeks my son has been having squirts of poop. At first i thought he was sick. Well he has been trying to push really hard to get a poop out, but can't get anything except diarahha or squirt. He maybe has had 2 nomals poops and that is it. He was never like this. He had regular poop since he was born. It just started. Could it be that he is consipated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He's not constipated if he's got diarrhea. Has he ate anything new lately? Been sick at all? If he continues to have diarrhea you should make an appt with your ped. Hope he feels better soon!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 6:33 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Some children with severe constipation develop a blockage, past which liquid stool sometimes leak, causing your child to have soiling accidents.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No, he hasn't been sick at all. I thought he might have been when it started. But now its just very little and it hurts him alot trying to get anything out.
    armymomof2brats

Answer by armymomof2brats at 6:41 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think it could be something new in his diet too. I can not drink too much orange juice for the reasons you are mentioning. So, take a look at what is new to him that might be contributing to this. Sounds like next step is Dr appt.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My daughter has had soft stools for a week or more now. Similar to what I think you are describing. She eat well and just got done with a growth spurt. I have cut out the juice, and increased her bread, but nothing really helped, unless she starts looking like she has diarrhea, I am not worried about it.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I ment looking like she is dehydrated, oops
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:41 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Ok my son was the exact same way we use a cap full of mirelax everyday and his poo is normal the doc recommended it and it works great, its also very gental on their stomach.
    indigo645

Answer by indigo645 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• maybe its something he ate or drank
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 10:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No, its not something that he ate or drank. Nothing change much in his diet, except he stop drinking milk back in August for no reason. When this started happening i stop all juice and was giving him water. Now i have re-introduce some juice with water in it because i am hoping it might help get it moving. But so far nothing.
    armymomof2brats

Answer by armymomof2brats at 12:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2010